Oct 04, 2017
The Muskingum women's soccer team lost, 5-1, at rival Marietta on Wednesday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (3-8 overall, 0-2 OAC), Marietta (5-4-2 overall, 1-1 OAC)
- Location: Marietta, Ohio – Marietta Field
How It Happened
- Marietta notched its first goal at the 16-minute marker to take the early 1-0 lead.
- The Muskies cut the deficit in half when Miranda Bishop passed the ball to Tori Stuard at the top of the 18-yard box to blast a goal in the upper right corner, making it 1-1 at the 35-minute marker.
- The Pioneers sneaked a goal in with 17 seconds remaining in the first half to take the 2-1 advantage heading into halftime.
- In the second half, the Pioneers' went on to score three more goals at the 61st, 62nd, and 75th minute markers to win, 5-1.
- Tori Stuard collected her fourth goal of the season.
- Goalkeeper Katie Bodenmiller saw 68 minutes of action in the frame and grabbed seven saves.
- Jasmine Love added four saves and 24 minutes of action between the pipes.
- Sophia Moise led the Pioneers offense with two goals and one assist.
- Marietta's goalkeeper Katie Conkle played 90 minutes in the frame and tallied two saves.
- Muskingum will return to North Athletic Turf Field on Saturday, October 7 for a 1:00 p.m. kick off against Otterbein.