Oct 22, 2016
The Muskingum women's soccer team fell in Ohio Athletic Conference action against Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon in McConagha Stadium, 8-0.
- Records: Muskingum (4-12 overall, 1-6 OAC), Ohio Northern (12-3, 6-1)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: Intermittent clouds, breezy and 49 degrees
- Attendance: 87
How It Happened
- Ohio Northern seized control early with a strike in the opening minute of play.
- The Polar Bears added three more first-half goals to take a 4-0 advantage into the break.
- ONU scored four second-half goals to complete the scoring.
- Muskingum was held to four shots with senior Morgan Price, freshman Autumn Devine, freshman Abigail Wagner and junior Natalie O'Dell all logging a shot.
Between the Pipes
- Senior Liz Mitchell played the opening 50 minutes and made eight saves and allowed five goals.
- Sophomore Heather Maxwell played the final 40 minutes and made three saves and allowed three goals.
- Meagan Grierson played the opening 63 minutes in frame for the Polar Bears and Ashley Grisnik played the final 27 minutes to log the combined shutout.
- The Muskies next host Wilmington for Senior Night on Wednesday, October 26. Kick-off is scheduled for 7:00 pm in McConagha Stadium.