Oct 08, 2016
The Muskingum women's soccer team was silenced in Ohio Athletic Conference action Saturday afternoon as Otterbein netted three second-half goals en route to a 4-0 victory.
- Records: Muskingum (4-8 overall, 1-2 OAC), Otterbein (7-3-1 overall, 2-1 OAC)
- Location: Westerville, Ohio - Memorial Stadium
How It Happened
- Alvi Shivley delivered the first goal of the contest in the opening minute giving Otterbein the early 1-0 lead.
- The Muskie defense held strong and was able to limit the first-half damage, despite the Cardinals' 11 shots.
- Erica Meier led Otterbein in the second half scoring goals in the 57th and 67th minutes.
- Katie Exline netted the final goal of the contest in the 76th minute.
- Muskingum was led by sophomore Emily Wiley and freshman Emily Fischer both with one shot on frame.
- Junior Tori Stuard and freshman Autumn Devine finished the game with one shot each.
- The Muskies finished the contest with four shots and two corner kicks.
Between the Pipes
- Senior Liz Mitchell made her 12th start of the season playing all 90 minutes for the Muskies. She finished the contest with nine saves.
- Andrea Pohlman got the call for Otterbein playing all 90 minutes and making two saves.
- The Muskies return to action Wednesday, October 12 as they travel to Capital. Kick-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.