Jan 06, 2018
Muskingum junior Jordan Burkholder finished second in the 125-pound class to lead the Muskies at the Waynesburg Tournament on Saturday.
- Location: Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
- Finish: Muskingum scored 62.5 points to place 10th in the 16-team field
On the Mat
- Burkholder took second in 125-pound weight class after going 3-1. He notched two technical falls and one major decision before slipping 4-3 in double OT against Tristan Buxton of Waynesburg.
- Junior Tanner Walker recorded three falls on the day to end the tournament with a 3-2 mark in the 165-pound division. He had wins against Alfred State, Waynesburg and Gettysburg.
- Sophomore Sammy Southers recorded a fall, technical fall and decision to register a 3-2 mark in the 133-pound class.
- Junior Antonio Zapata (197), freshman Cody Jenkins (285) and sophomore Griffin Cooley (184) all ended the day with 2-2 records.
- Muskingum next competes at Mount Union on Tuesday, January 16. Match time is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.