The Muskingum wrestling team opened Ohio Athletic Conference action against Otterbein on Tuesday night in the Anne C. Steele Center. The Cardinals left New Concord with a hard fought 30-21 win.
- Records: Muskingum (0-2 overall, 0-1 OAC), Otterbein (4-2 overall, 1-1 OAC)
On the Mat
- Muskingum jumped out to a quick 12-0 lead following a forfeit win by Jordan Burkholder in the 125-pound weight class and Slade Stiles' fall over David Staten in the 133-pound class. Stiles notched the victory at the 1:43 mark.
- Otterbein answered the Muskie surge with five straight wins. The Cardinals won the 141, 149, 157, 165 and 174 classes. Muskingum's Tanner Walker seemed on the verge of winning his 165-pound bout before Willy Plaiser managed a late fall (6:01) to erase a 14-2 deficit.
- Muskingum ended its draught in the 184-pound class when Griffin Cooley notched a fall against Kevin Wirges at the 4:46 mark.
- Muskingum's Garrett Mitchel ended the match with a 5-2 decision against Alex Scotten.
- Muskingum nexts hosts regional foe Waynesburg on Thursday, December 7. The match is slated for 7:00 p.m. and will be held in John Glenn Gymnasium.