Apr 28, 2018
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team ended its season with a 17-13 Senior Day win against Ohio Athletic Conference foe Wilmington on Saturday.
- Records: Muskingum (3-13 overall, 1-7 Ohio Athletic Conference), Wilmington (2-14 overall, 0-8 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – McConagha Stadium
- Prior to the start of the game, Muskingum recognized seniors Ashley Adams, Erin Riley, Paige Watterman, Kate Shamel, Sydni Uhrig, Courtney Nestoff, Schyler Fennimore, Amber Swartwood and Kaeleigh Norvet.
- The Muskingum attack erupted in the first half for 11 goals on 26 shots. The onslaught, which gave the Muskies an 11-2 lead at the break, was led by Watterman who scored three goals, and by Norvet and Adams whom each added two. Early in the second half, Muskingum extended its edge to 14-4 to evoke the running clock rule. The Muskies then fended off a late Quaker surge to secure the Senior Day win.
Inside The Numbers
- Watterman led the Muskies with five goals and one assist.
- Adams and Norvet each had four goals.
- Riley, Uhrig, Fennimore and freshman Courtney Hines all scored one goal to round out the Muskie scoring.
- Freshman Hannah Bailey led the defensive effort with seven caused turnovers, while Nestoff recorded five.
- Shamel played all 60 minutes in goal and made 14 saves and registered 10 ground balls.
- Muskingum ended the contest with a 42-34 edge in shots and 35-29 nod in ground balls.
- Becca Petra led Wilmington with seven goals and one assist.
- Megan Wieloch played the entire game in frame for the Quakers and made 12 saves.
- The game was the season finale for the Muskies. Muskingum will hit the field again in the spring of 2019.