Apr 21, 2018
The 25th-ranked Mount Union Purple Raiders shot past Muskingum at the North Athletic Turf Field on Saturday afternoon, 22-1.
- Records: Muskingum (2-13 overall, 0-7 Ohio Athletic Conference), Mount Union (13-0 overall, 6-0 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
Inside the Numbers
- Mount Union ended the contest with a 45-9 advantage in shots.
- The Purple Raiders took an 18-0 lead into the break.
- Muskingum senior Ashley Adams scored the Muskie lone tally early in the second half on a free-position shot. She ended the game with two shots.
- Senior Paige Watterman led the squad with four shots.
- Freshman Hannah Bailey led the team with two caused turnovers.
- Senior Kate Shamel played the opening 56 minutes in goal and made five saves and registered three ground balls.
- Ashley Bernardi led Mount Union with four goals and five assists, while Katie Elder had four goals and two assists.
- Muskingum next hosts Wilmington on Saturday, April 28. The Senior Day contest is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.