Apr 07, 2018
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team suffered an 18-2 setback against Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (2-9 overall, 0-4 Ohio Athletic Conference), Ohio Northern (5-5 overall, 2-1 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
- Game Length: 1:30
- Ohio Northern scored the first 14 goals of the game over a 43-minute span to take control of the outing. Muskingum senior Erin Riley tallied the first Muskie goal midway through the second half off an assist from senior Amber Smartwood. Senior Ashley Adams added the final Muskie strike several minutes later.
Inside the Numbers
- Ohio Northern ended the outing with a 42-11 advantage in shots.
- Sydney Skelding led the Polar Bears with six goals and one assist.
- Betsy Naugle added four goals and one assist for ONU.
- Muskingum freshman Courtney Hines led the team with four shots.
- Freshman Hannah Bailey and senior Courtney Nestoff each logged three ground balls.
- Freshman Cieanna Jones started in goal and allowed two goals in five minutes of play. Senior Kate Shamel played the final 55 minutes and made 16 saves and allowed 16 goals.
- Muskingum next plays at Capital on Wednesday, April 11. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.