Feb 28, 2018
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team came up short at Hiram on Wednesday night by the final score of 17-16.
- Records: Muskingum (0-2 overall), Hiram (2-1 overall)
- Location: Hiram, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:10
Inside the Numbers
- In the first 10 minutes, Kaeleigh Norvet netted two goals, while Sydni Uhrig scored one goal to give the Muskies the 3-0 lead.
- Hiram responded back by scoring five straight goals to take the 5-3 advantage with ten minutes left in the first half.
- The Muskies scored the next four goals, with the Terriers sneaking in a goal at the six-second marker to close off the half. Muskingum still held the 7-6 lead at intermission.
- Hiram wasted no time in the second half as they scored four goals in the first seven minutes to go back on top, 10-7.
- Goals by Erin Riley, Uhrig, and Norvet helped the Muskies tie the contest at 10-10 with 20 minutes left.
- Hiram regained the advantage shortly after and went on to lead, 16-13, with nine minutes to go.
- In the last six minutes of action, Muskingum scored three goals with one coming at the 49-second marker by Uhrig to get within one. However, the Muskies never had another shot at goal, thus securing the victory for the Terriers.
- Senior's Norvet and Uhrig each tallied four goals each to lead Muskingum.
- Senior's Paige Watterman and Ashley Adams chipped in three goals each.
- Sophomore Dani Crisp, Adams, and Norvet each dished out two assists.
- Adams and freshman Hannah Bailey led the team with two caused turnovers each.
- Sierah Ray led the Terriers with six goals.
- Muskingum senior goalie Kate Shamel tied a career-high 21 saves.
- Muskingum will return to action on Tuesday, March 6 as they travel to Virginia to take on Bridgewater. Game time is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.