The Muskingum women's lacrosse team made history on Saturday afternoon by winnings its first-ever Ohio Athletic Conference game since the program's inception in 2015. The Muskies beat Wilmington, 6-5.
- Records: Muskingum (5-11 overall, 1-5 OAC), Wilmington (2-12 overall, 0-5 OAC)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio - Williams Stadium
- Duration: 1:35
- Muskingum began play as a varsity sport in 2015. This season, Muskingum has secured its first win, first road win, first out-of-state win and first conference win.
Inside The Numbers
- Sophomore Paige Watterman led the Muskies with a three-goal outburst on six shots. She scored Muskingum's final three goals of the game.
- Sophomore Katie Megery added two goals on eight shots.
- Senior Carissa Myler scored one goal on three shots.
- Freshman Zoe Young and sophomore Sydni Uhrig each recorded a team-high three ground balls.
- Young, Uhrig and Myler each caused two turnovers.
- Sophomore Kate Shamel shined in goal making 10 saves in 60 minutes of work to secure the win.
- Muskingum ended the game with 21 shots.
- Nikki Northern led Wilmington with two goals.
- Katie Bennett made eight saves in frame.
- The Muskies trailed briefly in the opening half by scores of 2-1 and 3-2. Muskingum scored the final two goals of the half to take the lead for good and a 4-3 lead into the break.
- The Muskies extended its margin to 6-3 with two goals in the opening 10 minutes of the second half.
- Muskingum next plays at Capital on Saturday, April 30. Game time is slated for 4:00 p.m.