Apr 16, 2016
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team lost a heartbreaker against Ohio Athletic Conference foe Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon in McConagha Stadium, 11-9.
- Records: Muskingum (4-10 overall, 0-4 OAC), Ohio Northern (6-6 overall, 1-2 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: Sunny and 70 degrees
- Attendance: 213
- Muskingum recognized seniors Jasmine Anasco, Kristin Hawkins and Carissa Myler prior to the start of the game.
Inside The Numbers
- Ohio Northern scored the final two goals of the game in the last eight minutes of play to break a 9-9 tie and secure the road OAC win.
- Muskingum had rallied from a 9-7 deficit with goals by sophomore Kaeleigh Norvet and sophomore Ashley Adams to tie the game at 9-9 with 8:18 to play.
- Adams aided the Muskies with four goals on 11 shots. She also tallied four draw controls and four ground balls.
- Norvert scored four goals on eight shots. She also added four draw controls.
- Junior Julie Kelley scored one goal on four shots.
- Sophomore Courtney Cole had a team-high five ground balls and caused a team-best four turnovers.
- Sophomore Kate Shamel played all 60 minutes in frame and made nine saves.
- Maddie Storr led Ohio Northern with five goals.
- Maggie Fuller added three goals for the Polar Bears.
- Shanne Laresen Van Alstine made seven saves in goal.
- Muskingum ended the contest with a 27-23 edge in shots.
- Muskingum next plays at John Carroll on Wednesday, April 20. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.