Apr 09, 2016
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team lost at Ohio Athletic Conference foe Otterbein on a cold Saturday afternoon, 15-5.
- Records: Muskingum (4-8 overall, 0-2 OAC), Otterbein (3-6 overall, 1-0 OAC)
- Location: Westerville, Ohio - Memorial Field
- Attendance: 87
- Otterbein broke open a close game by outscoring the Muskies 7-1 in the second half. Overall, the Cardinals scored 11 of the final 13 goals in the outing.
- Sophomore Kaeleigh Norvet led the Muskies with two goals.
- Sophomore Paige Watterman, sophomore Sydni Uhrig and senior Carissa Myler all added one goal.
- Sophomore Ashley Adams and Kate Shamel each recorded a team-high four ground balls. Shamel played all 60 minutes in goal and made 12 saves.
- Junior Julie Kelley and sophomore Courtney Cole each caused two turnovers.
- Muskingum ended the contest with five goals on six shots.
- Abby Smoot and Annie Kelly led Otterbein with three goals and one assist each.
- The Cardinals scored 15 goals on 34 shots.
- Karen Brady garnered the win in frame after allowing five goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Ohio Athletic Conference foe Baldwin Wallace on Wednesday, April 13. Game time is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.