Feb 02, 2019
The Heidelberg Student Princes shot past the Muskingum women's basketball team on Saturday, 86-72.
- Records: Muskingum (1-20 overall, 0-14 OAC), Heidelberg (9-11 overall, 5-8 OAC)
- Location: Tiffin, Ohio – Seiberling Gymnasium
- Sophomore Emily Yeager guided the Muskies with 16 points, shooting 6-of-18 (33.3%) from the field and 2-of-8 (25.0%) from behind the arc.
- Sophomore Alivia Bates chipped in 13 points.
- Junior Devyn Bonner registered a double-double. Bonner recorded 12 points and grabbed a team-best 10 rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 27-of-69 (39.1%) from the field, which included hitting 12-of-17 (70.6%) at the free throw line.
- Alyssa Riley led the Student Princes with 31 points, while Brooke Beamer notched 18.
- Heidelberg ended the contest shooting 33-of-65 (50.8%) in the field and 6-of-7 (85.7%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies registered back-to-back points to jump out to an early 6-0 lead. Heidelberg answered back with a ferocious 12-0 run to slide past Muskingum with a score of 12-6. With less than a minute remaining, Yeager collected a pair of free throws to trim the deficit 15-12. In the second quarter, Bates drilled a long ball to tie up play 19-19. The contest remained tight until the Riley sank a three-pointer to give Heidelberg a 30-23 advantage over the Muskies. Muskingum fought to close the gap, but the Student Princes were able to fend them off. The score read 40-32 going into the break.
- In the third quarter, Bates knocked down a triple to get the Muskies within five-points of the Student Princes (42-37). Muskingum chipped away at the differential, but Heidelberg could not be halted. Brittanie Ulmer uncorked a jump shot to widen the gap 64-55. In the fourth quarter, Riley converted a three-pointer to give the Student Princes a double-digit lead, which they maintained for the remainder of the contest.
- The Muskies next travel to Wilmington, Ohio to battle the Quakers on Wednesday, February 6 at 7:00 p.m.