Jan 31, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team fell short to the Mount Union Purple Raiders on Thursday, 75-58.
- Records: Muskingum (1-19 overall, 0-13 OAC), Mount Union (15-5 overall, 8-5 OAC)
- Location: Alliance, Ohio – The McPherson Academic and Athletic Complex
- Sophomore Emily Yeager carried the Muskies with 12 points, shooting 3-of-11 from the field (27.3%) and 1-of-4 (25.0%) from behind the arc.
- Junior Devyn Bonner added 10 points.
- Sophomore Camay Baylock collected a team-high five rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 20-of-51 (39.2%) from the field, which included hitting just 6-of-15 (40.0%) from behind the arc.
- Rachel Tinkey led the Purple Raiders with 21 points.
- The Purple Raiders had three players who recorded double-digit points.
- Mount Union ended the contest shooting 26-of-68 (38.2%) in the field and 15-of-21 (71.4%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies registered back-to-back points to take an early lead of 9-7. At the 2:20 marker, Tori Rappah drilled a jump shot to tie up play 11-11. With 1:27 remaining, Bonner cashed in a layup to give Muskingum the 16-15 advantage over the Purple Raiders. In the second quarter, the teams traded baskets with neither squad leading by more than three-points. At the 1:30 juncture, sophomore Alivia Bates uncorked a layup to put the Muskies ahead 32-28 going into the half.
- In the third quarter, the contest remained tight until the Purple Raiders unleashed a 10-3 run to slide past Muskingum with a score of 50-43. With less than a minute remaining in the quarter, Elena Rauhe converted a layup to expand the gap 55-46. Mount Union took control of the outing in the fourth quarter with a 10-point surge en route to the 75-58 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next travel to Tiffin, Ohio to battle the Heidelberg Student Princes on Saturday, February 2. Start time is slated for 2:00 p.m.