Jan 23, 2019
The Muskingum University women's basketball team stumbled to Capital on Wednesday night, 73-57.
- Records: Muskingum (1-17 overall, 0-11 in the OAC), Capital (12-6 overall, 7-4 in the OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- The Muskies were led by junior Devyn Bonner who logged a team-high 22 points, shooting 7-of-9 (77.7%) from the field and 8-of-9 (88.8%) at the free throw line.
- Sophomore Emily Yeager generated 12 points. She also gathered a team-high six rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 19-of-57 (33.3%) from the field, which included hitting just 5-of-12 (41.7%) from behind the arc.
- Emma Burns directed the Crusaders with 20 points.
- Capital ended the contest shooting 25-of-54 (46.3%) in the field and 16-of-23 (69.6%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies and Crusaders battled side-by-side with neither team gaining more than a four-point lead early on. At the 1:32 marker, Capital locked in a three-pointer to slide past Muskingum with a score of 15-11. In the second quarter, Bonner cashed in a layup to tie up play 15-15. With less than 1:30 on the clock, Cassidy Bosh recorded back-to-back points to give Capital a three-point advantage at the half (27-24).
- The contest remained tight in the third quarter until the Crusaders tallied a 9-3 surge to expand the gap 38-27. The Muskies chipped away at the differential but Capital was able to fend them off. The score read 48-39 going into the fourth quarter. At the 9:41 juncture, freshman Erica Hyre drained a three-pointer to trim the deficit 48-42. Capital answered back with a 13-6 run en route to the 73-57 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host the Baldwin Wallace Yellow Jackets on Saturday, January 26 at 3:00 p.m. The annual Muskie alumni game will take place at 12:00 p.m.