Dec 06, 2018
The Capital Crusaders used a fourth-quarter surge to shoot past the Muskingum women's basketball team this evening, 65-46.
- Records: Muskingum (1-7 overall, 0-2 in the OAC), Capital (5-0 overall, 2-0 in the OAC)
- Location: Bexley, Ohio – The Capital Center
Inside the Numbers
- Sophomore Emily Yeager guided the Muskies with 14 points, shooting 5-of-15 (33.3%) from the field and 3-of-7 (42.9%) from behind the arc.
- Freshman Raiyah Johnson added 11 points and tallied five rebounds.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi logged a team-high six rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 17-of-57 (29.8%) from the field, which included hitting 9-of-11 (81.8%) at the free throw line.
- Erin Risner led the Crusaders with 15 points, while Cassidy Bosch notched 10.
- Capital ended the contest shooting 22-of-54 (40.7%) in the field and 16-of-25 (64.0%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, Capital jumped out to an early lead of 7-2. Back-to-back free throws by Risner expanded the lead 14-8 for the Crusaders. The Muskies were able to trim the deficit to 10-14 going into the second quarter. At the 7:52 marker, a three-point shot drained by Yeager got the Muskies within two points of the Crusaders. Capital locked in a 14-9 run to expand the gap 33-26 going into the half.
- Early in the third quarter, Capital went on a 9-5 run to remain in control with a score of 43-31. The Muskies chipped away at the differential and a free throw by Johnson cut back the deficit 40-46 for Muskingum. The Crusaders took control of the outing in the fourth quarter with a 19-6 run en route to the 65-46 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host the John Carroll Blue Streaks on Saturday, December 8th. Start time is slated for 3:00 p.m.