The Muskingum women's basketball team fell, 67-55, on Saturday afternoon against Otterbein on Senior Day.
- Records: Muskingum (6-17 overall, 2-14 Ohio Athletic Conference), Otterbein (15-8 overall, 11-5 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- Prior to the start of the game, Muskingum Head Coach Beth Fox recognized this year's senior class: Olivia Besancon, Alexandra Carson, Stephanie Clark, Schyler Fennimore, and Caitlyn Smith. The team also recognized three senior student-workers. Athletic trainers Hannah Knopp and Courtney Ringhiser, and student manager Emmie Miller.
Inside the Numbers
- Olivia Besancon scored a team-high 24 points to lead the Muskies offense while adding six rebounds and three assists.
- Alexandra Carson netted 12 points and three steals.
- Caitlyn Smith chipped in eight points.
- Stephanie Clark snagged a team-high 11 rebounds and career-high six blocks.
- Emily Yeager led the reserves with four points and five rebounds.
- The Muskies shot .293 (17-of-58) from the floor, made two three-pointers, and went 19-for-25 (.760) at the free throw line.
- Kiersten Taylor led the Cardinals with 18 points, while Dani Kissel chipped in 14 points.
- Otterbein ended the game shooting .369 (24-of-65) from the field and made four three-pointers, and went 15-for-18 (.833) at the free throw line.
The Cardinals sparked a 16-5 run in the first six minutes of the first quarter, with Besancon netting the first five points for the Muskies. Muskingum scored four straight points in the final 1:46 to cut the Cardinals lead down to 20-11 at the end of the frame. Otterbein outscored Muskingum 17-11 and shot .471 in the second quarter to take the 37-22 lead at intermission.
Otterbein's offense continued to flow in the third quarter as they took a commanding 52-35 advantage at the end of the frame. The Cardinals held the largest lead in the contest by 22 points, 61-39, with 5:23 left to go in the fourth quarter. Muskingum outscored Otterbein 16-6 in the final five minutes of the frame, but the Cardinals took the victory by 12 points.
- Muskingum returns to action on Wednesday, February 14 as they play at rival Marietta. Game time is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.