Wilmington used a 40-19 surge in the second half to sink Muskingum on Wednesday night in Wilmington, 63-49.
- Records: Muskingum (6-8 overall, 2-5 Ohio Athletic Conference), Wilmington (8-6 overall, 3-4 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio – Hermann Court
- Senior Olivia Besancon is only 25 points shy of becoming the 21st Muskie to score 1,000 career points.
Inside the Numbers
- Alexandra Carson paced the Muskie offense with 17 points, while adding six rebounds and two steals.
- Freshman Emily Yeager led the reserves with 11 points.
- Caitlyn Smith dished out three assists and created three steals.
- Stephanie Clark snagged a team-best 11 rebounds.
- The Muskies shot .297 from the floor and .269 from behind the arc.
- The Quakers were led by Mackenzie Campbell who scored 11 points, five rebounds, five assists, and three blocks.
- McKayla Binkley chipped in 10 points and six rebounds.
- Wilmington concluded the contest shooting .458 (27-of-59) and held a 42-32 edge in rebounds.
The first set of points weren't scored until the 7:24 marker in the first quarter by Wilmington. From that point forward, the Muskies started getting into a scoring groove as they ended the first quarter with an early 19-9 advantage. A three-pointer by Kacie Leppla pushed the Muskingum lead, 22-9, with 8:58 left in the second quarter. The Quakers notched 14 points in the second to cut the Muskies led at the half, 30-23.
Wilmington came out of the locker room firing shots on all cylinders as they outscored Muskingum 40-19 in the second half, while shooting .607 from the field and .800 from the arc to secure the come from behind win.
- Muskingum will take on NCAA Division III #10 Ohio Northern on Saturday, January 13. The game is scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m.