The Muskingum women's basketball team will continue Ohio Athletic Conference play this week as they travel to Capital on Thursday and welcome Baldwin Wallace on Saturday. The games are set to start at 7:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., respectively, with Saturday's game marked as Muskingum's Hoops for Hunger. Free admission with a canned food or non-perishable item. All donations will be donated to the New Concord Food Pantry.
Game 1: Muskingum at Capital – 3:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: athletics.capital.edu).
Game 2: Muskingum vs Baldwin Wallace- 2:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 2-2 overall, 1-0 OAC; Capital 2-3 overall, 0-1 OAC; Baldwin Wallace 3-3 overall, 0-2 OAC
- Senior Olivia Besancon erupted a career-high 36 points to lift the Muskingum women's basketball team past John Carroll 103-97 in triple overtime in their Ohio Athletic Conference opener Saturday afternoon in the Anne C. Steele Center. Besancon also added a career-high nine rebounds, two assists, and two steals. Senior Alexandra Carson registered a career-high 23 points, six rebounds, and four steals, while junior Dana Parkman notched her first double-double of the season, finishing with 13 points and a career-high 14 rebounds.
- Four players are averaging double-digit scoring: Besancon (18.0), Carson (12.5), senior Caitlyn Smith (11.8), and Parkman (10.8).
- Besancon is first in the OAC in points per game (18.0).
- Parkman is fourth in the conference in rebounds per game (8.8).
- For free throw percentage, Carson is fourth (.882), Besancon is fifth (.875), and Emily Yeager is sixth (.857) in the OAC.
- Carson is dishing out 3.3 assists per game, which ranks her sixth in the league.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in free throw percentage (.804), third in steals per game (9.0), and fifth in rebounds per game (42.8) in the OAC.
- Last season, the Muskies beat Capital at home in overtime, 68-66, and lost on the road, 77-73. Muskingum lost twice against Baldwin Wallace last year (70-53 at home, 76-58 on the road).
- Capital lost, 64-38, against Ohio Northern on Saturday.
- Freshman Elle Folan and Junior Erin Risner are leading the team in points per game with 9.6 each, while Folan is hitting .351 (13-of-35) from the arc.
- Sophomore Regan Stonerock is tied for seventh in rebounds per game with 7.2 in the OAC.
- Freshman Caroline Taphorn is dishing out 2.2 assists per game.
- The Crusaders are making 35.7% of their shots from the field, 66.7% from the free throw line, and averaging 36.2 rebounds per game.
- Baldwin Wallace fell to #25 Marietta at home by the final score of 63-62. The Yellow Jackets started the year 3-0, but have since lost three in a row.
- Junior Rachel Womeldorf is leading the team with 11.7 points per game on 65.2% shooting. Her 65.2% field goal percentage is fourth best in the league.
- Junior Hannah Fecht is averaging 10.7 points per game, hitting .444 (15-of-36) from the arc, and is 10th in the OAC in rebounds per game with 6.8.
- Sophomore Riley Schill is fourth in the conference in assists per game with 3.5.
- In the OAC, senior Katie Smith is tied for seventh (.429), while Fecht is tied for ninth (.417) in three point percentage.
- In the conference, the Yellow Jackets are fourth in three point percentage (.352) and fifth in steals per game (8.5) and assists per game (15.0).