The Muskingum women's basketball team will open Ohio Athletic Conference play on Saturday against John Carroll in the Anne C. Steele Center. Game time is slated for 3:00 p.m.
Game: Muskingum vs John Carroll – 3:00 p.m. (Live Stats: fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 1-2, John Carroll 2-2
- Muskingum grabbed their first win of the season last Wednesday against Manchester, 76-66. Senior Caitlyn Smith posted a career-best 22 points, in addition to four steals, four assists, and three rebounds, while senior Olivia Besancon chipped in 19 points and seven rebounds.
- Three Muskies are averaging double-digit scoring: Senior Olivia Besancon (12), Smith (11.7), and junior Dana Parkman (10). Besancon is shooting 90.9% from the free throw line, while Smith is shooting 45% from the field and 50% from the arc.
- Freshman Emily Yeager leads the squad in free throws, making 91.7% from the line.
- Senior Alexandra Carson is dishing out 3.3 assists per game.
- Senior Stephanie Clark and Parkman are averaging seven rebounds per game to lead the team.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are averaging 39 rebounds a game, eight steals a game, and are making 80.6% of their free throws.
- Last season, the Muskies beat John Carroll on the road, 74-60, and at home, 86-78.
- John Carroll is coming off a 70-48 win against Nazareth on Sunday.
- Freshman Nicole Heffington is leading the team in points (13.3 per game) and total rebounds (43 total, 10.8 per game).
- Junior Chelbi Graham has accrued 26 total rebounds, averaging 6.5 per game and has scored 42 points to average 10.5 per game.
- Junior Kahrin Spear has collected 12 assists to lead the squad.
- The Blue Streaks are making 40.8% of their shots from the field and averaging 11.3 steals per game.