Feb 15, 2017
The Pioneers used a second half rally to defeat Muskingum in Ohio Athletic Conference action Wednesday evening at the Anne C. Steele Center, 74-67.
- Records: Muskingum (10-14 overall, 6-11 OAC), Marietta (15-9 overall, 9-8 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Muskingum finished with three players in double-figures.
- Junior Alexandra Carson tied a game-high 15 points, connecting for three three-pointers.
- Junior Olivia Besancon finished with 13 points, while senior Mallory Taylor netted 11 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Sophomore Dana Parkman chipped in nine points and pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest 22-for-63 (.349) from the field, including 7-of-31 (.226) from behind the arc.
- The Pioneers were led by Jordanna Rauch with a game-high 15 points.
- Corrie Burkhardt finished with a double-double for Marietta scoring 10 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
- As a team, the Pioneers shot 27-for-60 (.450) from the floor and dished out 14 assists.
Inside the Numbers
- Marietta led by as much as seven points in the first period to claim the 22-19 advantage.
- The Muskies captured its first lead of the contest off a three-pointer by Carson with 8:42 remaining in the second period, 25-22.
- Muskingum outscored the Pioneers 19-11 in the quarter to take the 38-33 halftime lead.
- Carson and Besancon connected for back-to-back scores to open the third period en route to the Muskies largest lead of the contest, 43-33.
- Marietta used a 12-0 run with 2:10 remaining in the third period to take the lead for good, 52-47.
- The Pioneers outscored Muskingum 21-18 in the final quarter to claim the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, February 18 when they host Heidelberg for Senior Day. Game time is set for 3:00 p.m.