Sep 29, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team was jolted by John Carroll 8-0. The game marked both teams' first OAC contest.
- Records: Muskingum (5-5 overall), John Carroll (6-3-1)
- Location: University Hts., Ohio
- Attendance: 376
- Game Duration: 1:50
How It Happened
- The Blue Streaks took control in the first half with four unanswered goals. Matt Nigro commenced the scoring in the 13th minute and was followed 40 seconds later by Brian Lutz. Two minutes after, Lawrence Cerososimo managed a goal to put John Carroll up 3-0. The first half scoring was completed by Jarrod McDowell in the 32nd minute.
- John Carroll dominated the second half by adding another four scores. Cerososimo notched his second goal in the 62st minute, and Chad Kanakkanatt scored two minutes later. Jared Mattei capitalized on a penalty kick in the 67th minute to make it 7-0. Mikey Burrington hit the final goal with five minutes left in the game.
- The Blue Streaks ended the contest with a 30-2 advantage in shots.
- Muskingum's attack was led by senior Amier Salah and junior Drew Wise, each registering a shot.
- Senior keeper Josh Routte played the first 45 minutes in frame and made five saves while allowing four goals. Sophomore William Chase Bradshaw was between the pipes for the second half. He made four saves and allowed four goals.
- Liam McIntosh played the entire game in goal for the Blue Streaks and made one save.
- Lawrence Cersosimo guided John Carroll with two goals and three shots.
- Muskingum next hosts Wilmington on Wednesday, October 3 at the North Athletic Turf Field. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.