Sep 19, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team defeated the Defiance Yellow Jackets on Wednesday evening at the North Atheltic Turf Field, 3-2.
- Records: Muskingum (3-4), Defiance (1-6)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 210
- Game Duration: 2:00
- Senior Mitchell Corey led the Muskie attack with six shots and two goals.
- Muskingum outshot Defiance 15-6.
- The Muskies scored two unanswered goals to defend the turf.
How It Happened
- Defiance took an early lead when Jared Brossia scored on a free kick from 25 yards out in the third minute of play.
- The Muskies countered with a goal from senior Mitchell Corey, assisted by freshman Bailey Adams, in the 14th minute to tie the game 1-1.
- Muskingum gained a man-up advantage in the 24th minute when Defiance's keeper Clay Musgrave was issued a red card.
- Bennett Pack gave the Yellow Jackets a 2-1 lead in the 28th minute off a header in the box.
- Senior Chase Michael Hilliard, assisted by sophomore Logan Gray, evened the score in the 30th minute to tie the game at 2-2.
- Corey nailed the game-winning goal in the 69th minute. His breakaway shot hit the post and he tapped the rebound into the back of the net.
- Senior keeper Josh Routte played all 90 minutes in frame and made one save during the contest.
- Aden Gariety played the final 67 minutes between the pipes. He recorded two saves and allowed two goals.
- Muskingum travels to Bluffton on Sunday, September 23 for their next contest. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.