Sep 16, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team used a balance attack to secure a 4-0 win at Thiel on Sunday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (2-4 overall), Thiel (4-3 overall)
- Location: Greenville, Pa.
- Attendance: 94
- Game Duration: 1:56
How It Happened
- Junior Drew Wise gave the Muskies a 1-0 lead in the 21st minute. He ended the game with a team-best three shots.
- Senior Mitchell Corey scored in the 39th minute off an assist from senior Alex Furst to give the Muskies a 2-0 lead heading into the break.
- Senior Chase Michael Hilliard increased the Muskie advantage to 3-0 with a strike in the 48th minute. Sophomore Colton Furr registered the assist.
- Freshman Omar Lahbiki completed the Muskie surge with a tally in the 51st minute off an assist from Furr.
- Muskingum ended the outing with 13 shots, while Thiel recorded 14 shots. The Bobcasts also held a slim 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Muskingum senior Joshua Routte registered the shutout win after making six saves in 90 minutes of work.
- Cole Duskey led the Bobcats with six shots.
- Christian Conrad played the opening 62 minutes in goal and made two saves and allowed four goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Defiance on Wednesday, September 19. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field and will feature live HD video and live stats at fightingmuskies.com