Sep 12, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team was stunned in 2OT against Waynesburg, 4-3. The Yellow Jackets Converted a PK to win the game in minute two of the second overtime period.
- Records: Muskingum (1-4 overall), Waynesburg (2-3 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio- North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- Waynesburg junior Justin Buberl recorded the first goal of the game in the 9th minute off of an assist from junior Andrew Heft.
- Muskingum senior Chase Michael Hilliard answered back in the 18th minute, tying up the contest.
- Less than two minutes later, Muskie sophomore AJ Baker logged a goal off of a double-assist from senior Alex Furst and junior Blake Horne.
- In the 29th minute, Yellow Jacket senior Tyler Sisler netted one past the Muskies.
- Hilliard registered a goal in the 41st minute securing the Muskies a 3-2 advantage going into the second period.
- Waynesburg's Burberl tied the contest in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd period sending the Muskies into OT.
- Junior Nate Kummer secured the game winning goal off of a penalty kick in the 102nd minute to secure the 4-3 win for the Yellow Jackets.
- The Muskies were led by Hilliard who registered four shots.
- Furst and senior Mitchell Corey both added two shots each.
- Senior Josh Routte played the entire 102 minutes in goal, securing 10 saves off of 14 shots on goal.
- Sisler led Waynesburg logging 11 shots, while sophomore Daniel Hott added five.
- Yellow Jacket Adam Dolan played the entire 102 minutes between the pipes and recorded two saves.
- Muskingum next travels to Thiel to face the Tomcats on Sunday, Sep. 16 at 2:00 p.m.