The Muskingum men's soccer team took down Pitt.-Greensburg in a convincing fashion during their season opener on Friday afternoon, 4-1.
- Records: Muskingum (1-0), Pitt.-Greensburg (0-1).
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Senior Mitchell Corey led the Muskie offense with a total of three shots, two shots on goal, and two goals.
- The Fighting Muskies jumped out to an early 1-0 lead with a goal in the 17th minute by Corey
- Senior Alex Furst drilled a goal into the net on a downfield breakaway during the 37th minute.
- Phoenix Brown answered back with a goal in 48th minute for Pitt.-Greensburg.
- Corey scored his second goal in the 57th minute for the Muskies to go up 3-1.
- Senior Chase Michael Hilliard sealed the win with a penalty kick in 67th minute.
- The Muskies controlled the game, outshooting the Bobcats 17-9.
- Reese Laurell tallied four saves for the Bobcats during 90 minutes in goal.
- Carson Gilarno and Nick Bono both recorded two shots for the Bobcats.
- Senior Josh Routte defended the goal for 90 minutes while recording three saves.
- Sophomore AJ Baker and sophomore Tre Boger each logged one assist.
The Muskingum men's soccer team looks to win their second match at home during the Appalachian College Soccer Showcase on Saturday, September 1. The game time is set for 3:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.