Oct 25, 2017
The Muskingum men's soccer team played aggressively against Wilmington at North Athletic Turf Field, but couldn't quite come away with the win as MU was defeated, 4-2, on Senior Day.
- Records: Muskingum (2-14-1 overall, 0-8 OAC), Wilmington (8-8-2 overall, 2-5-1OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- Prior to the game, Muskingum recognized seniors Kyle Baker and Corbin Salyer.
- The Quakers wasted no time in the first half as they notched back-to-back goals at the two and three-minute marker.
- Muskingum cut the deficit in half at the 27-minute marker as Corbin Salyer launched a crisp corner kick that set up Michael Weissbrodt for a perfect header into the back of the net.
- The score would remain 2-1, at the half, with the Quakers on top.
- 33 seconds into the second half, Alex Baker sent a great pass to Ko Terasawa in front of the net to log in the game-tying goal at 2-2.
- Wilmington was quick to respond as they netted a goal at the 47-minute marker to retake the lead.
- Wilmington struck again at the 78-minute marker to increase the lead, 4-2.
- Muskingum had great opportunities to notch goals in the second half, but came up short, falling 4-2 against Wilmington.
- Muskingum finished the game with 14 shots, with eight being shots on goal.
- Goalkeeper Daniel Jennings played all 90 minutes in the frame and grabbed six saves.
- Chris Bourque gathered six saves and saw 90 minutes of action between the pipes for Wilmington.
- Muskingum plays its final game of the regular season at NCAA Division III #22 John Carroll on Saturday, October 28. Kick-off will start at 7:00 p.m.