The Muskingum men's soccer team will wrap up its season this week as they welcome Wilmington to North Athletic Turf Field for Senior Day Wednesday and play at NCAA Division III #22 John Carroll on Saturday. The games will start at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., respectively.
Wednesday, October 25: Muskingum vs Wilmington – 4:00 p.m. (Live Stats at fightingmuskies.com)
Saturday, October 28: Muskingum at John Carroll – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats at jcusports.com)
- Muskingum lost, 7-1, to Ohio Northern at home on Saturday evening. Drew Wise notched his third goal of the season.
- The Muskies are 2-13-1 overall and 0-7 in the OAC.
- Midfielder Johnny Aisthorpe leads the team in total points with 15 (six goals, three assists). In the OAC, he is tied for 13th in total points.
- Midfielder Drew Wise has tabbed five assists to lead the squad.
- Goalkeeper's Josh Routte has grabbed 45 saves and ranks seventh in the OAC, while William Bradshaw has gathered 35 saves.
- Muskingum beat Wilmington last season by the final score of 4-3.
- We will be honoring senior's Kyle Baker and Corbin Salyer before the start of the Wilmington game.
- Wilmington fell, 1-0, at home to Mount Union on Saturday.
- The Quakers are 7-8-2 overall and 1-5-1 in the OAC.
- Senior goalkeeper Chris Bourque has collected a conference best 81 saves this season and holds a 1.89 goals-against average.
- Junior Niklas Martensson leads the team with 22 points (eight goals, six assists), goals, and assists. He ranks fourth in points and tied for fifth in goals in the conference.
- Junior Treshaun Pate and Freshman Wille Winald have each added six goals on the season.
- As a team, they rank fifth in assists (23) and goals (35) in the OAC.
- John Carroll won its final road game, 2-0, at Capital on Saturday.
- The Blue Streaks are 13-2-1 overall and 5-2 in OAC action. The two OAC losses were to Heidelberg and Otterbein.
- In the latest NCAA DIII rankings, John Carroll is ranked ninth in the nation.
- Senior Jesse Marinaro has logged in a team-best 24 points (eight goals, eight assists), eight assists, and eight goals.
- Sophomore Hayden Parente and junior Brian Lutz have each chipped in five assists.
- Junior goalkeeper Liam McIntosh has registered 54 saves, nine shutouts, and a 0.85 goals-against average. He holds the top spot in the OAC in shutouts, second-best in goals-against average and fourth in saves.
- As a team, they have notched 37 assists and 36 goals which is tied for third and second, respectively, in the OAC. In Division III, the team ranks 16th in assists.