Oct 21, 2017
The Muskingum men's soccer team fell, 7-1, at home to Ohio Northern on Saturday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (2-13-1 overall, 0-7 OAC), Ohio Northern (11-5-1 overall, 4-3 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- Ohio Northern's Chris Garbig passed the ball to Cory Lains who then shot from the lower left to give the Polar Bears the 1-0 advantage at the 13-minute marker.
- Drew Wise answered back when he blasted a goal off a free kick to tie the contest at 1-1 each.
- The Polar Bears posted two more goals at the 23rd and 40-minute marker to take the 3-0 lead at intermission.
- Ohio Northern erupted four more goals at the 51st, 54th, 59th, and 75-minute marker to grab its fourth OAC victory.
- Muskingum took 11 shots, six on goal, and two corner kicks.
- Drew Wise tallied his third goal of the season and added two shots on goal.
- Josh Routte saw 45 minutes of action in the frame and notched seven saves.
- William Bradshaw played 45 minutes between the pipes and added five saves.
- Goalkeepers Dylan Plank and Kyle Dunnavant saw 45 minutes each between the pipes and added two and three saves, respectively for Ohio Northern.
- Muskingum plays its final home game of the season on Wednesday, October 25 against Wilmington. Kick-off is at 4:00 p.m.