Sep 10, 2017
Despite scoring a season-high five goals, the Muskingum men's soccer team fell against Franciscan at the Bethany Tournament on Sunday, 7-5.
- Records: Muskingum (0-4-1 overall), Franciscan (3-1 overall)
- Location: Bethany, West Virginia
How It Happened
- Franciscan scored the first five goals of the game through the opening 56 minutes of play to take control of the contest.
- The Muskies' John Soppanish, Alex Baker and Chase Hilliard scored three unanswered goals over an 18-minute span to trim the Muskie deficit to 5-3.
- Franciscan extended its lead to 6-3 on Gustavo Gutierrez's goal in the 82nd minute.
- Johnny Aisthorpe and Drew Wise completed the Muskie scoring, while Leo Herrmann capped off the Franciscan scoring.
- Muskingum ended the outing with 20 shots and eight corner kicks.
- Josh Routte played all 90 minutes in frame and made seven saves and allowed seven goals.
- John Bolster played the entire game in frame for Franciscan and made five saves and allowed five goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Bluffton on Wednesday, September 13. Game time is slated for 5:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.