Sep 02, 2017
Freshman Johnny Aisthorpe scored his first career goal to lead the Muskingum men's soccer team in a 3-1 season-opening loss against Trine at the Transylvania Tournament on Saturday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (0-1 overall), Trine (1-0 overall)
- Location: Lexington, Kentucky - Pat Deacon Stadium
How It Happened
- Trine grabbed the momentum in the first half en route to taking a 2-0 lead into the break.
- The Thunder got first-half goals from Kurt Wysock and Tristen Ortiz.
- Muskingum trimmed its deficit to 2-1 in the 80th minute on a 30-yard strike from Aisthorpe.
- Trine sealed the win in the 88th minute on Ortiz's second goal of the game.
- Muskingum ended the outing with eight shots, including six on frame.
- Freshman Jacob Worst led the Muskies with two shots.
- The Thunder ended the campaign with 17 shots.
- Muskingum senior Josh Routte played all 90 minutes in frame and made four saves.
- Connor Werschem played the entire game in goal and made five saves.
- Muskingum next plays at Transylvania on Sunday, September 3. Game time is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.