Oct 25, 2016
Senior Zach Schmauch netted a goal in the 87th minute to lift men's soccer past Wilmington 4-3 Tuesday evening at Williams Stadium.
- Records: Muskingum (4-13-1 overall, 1-7 OAC), Wilmington (4-11-2, 1-7)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio - Williams Stadium
How It Happened
- Wilmington scored the first goal of the contest in the 23rd minute before freshman Blake Horne delivered the equalizer to tie the contest at 1-1.
- Following the intermission, Wilmington delivered its second blow as Niklas Martensson played a free ball that beat the goalie.
- The Muskie attack continued to battle as junior Trent Newby connected on a penalty-kick that tied the contest at 2-2.
- In the 72nd minute, Muskingum would finally capture the lead as Schmauch beat the defense for his first goal of the game.
- Schmauch would score the game-winning goal in the 87th minute as he played a corner kick from Newby that sealed the win.
- As a team, Muskingum finished with 14 shots and eight on goal.
- Wilmington was led in the contest by Carl Bergstrom with two goals.
Between the Pipes
- Junior Josh Routte got the win in frame for the Muskies logging 90 minutes of work with eight saves.
- Nick Baker played all 90 minutes for the Quakers recording four saves.
- Muskingum returns to action Friday, October 28 as they welcome John Carroll on Senior Day. Game time is slated for 4:00pm.