The Muskingum men's soccer team was unable to mask the attack of 18th-ranked Capital Tuesday afternoon in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Muskie Field. The Crusaders netted four second-half goals to beat Muskingum 5-3.
- Records: Muskingum (3-10-1 overall, 0-4 OAC), Capital (11-1-1, 3-0-1)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Muskie Field
How It Happened
- Trailing 1-0, sophomore Alex Furst connected with senior Nick Koch for the equalizer in the 31st minute.
- Muskingum would capture the lead in the 42nd minute as Koch sent a free ball into the box that found sophomore Colin Federer for his first career goal.
- The Crusaders opened the second-half on the attack as they scored three unanswered goals to take the 4-2 advantage.
- Senior Zach Schmauch would record the Muskies final goal of the contest as he fired a shot from outside the 18-yard box that beat the goalie to the far post.
- Capital added an insurance goal in the 72nd minute to claim the 5-3 victory.
- Muskingum finished with four shots and three on frame.
Between the Pipes
- In frame, sophomore Gabriel Kral displayed an impressive performance as he recorded a season-high 13 saves through 90 minutes of work.
- Justin Niswonger logged 90 minutes in goal for Capital collecting the win.
- The Muskies return to action Saturday, October 15 at Baldwin Wallace. Game-time is slated for 7:00 p.m.