Apr 10, 2019
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team tied the school record for wins in a season after defeating Wilmington on Wednesday evening, 19-12.
- Records: Muskingum (5-7 overall, 1-4 OAC), Wilmington (2-9 overall, 0-5 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:15
- The win also tied the school record for wins in a season with five. The previous record was set in 2017 when Muskingum went 5-10.
- Sophomore Josh Fletcher guided the Muskies with six goals on 16 shots and dished out three assists.
- Junior Nick Klinefelter cashed in four goals and one assist.
- Freshman Zachary Westmeyer tallied four goals and one assist.
- Freshman Brandon Farley played 60:00 minutes in frame for the Muskies. Farley saved seven shots and allowed 12 goals.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 61-29 advantage in shots.
- Andrew Miller led the Quakers with three goals on four shots.
- Reed Beavers played 60:00 minutes in goal and made 20 saves.
- Muskingum took a quick 4-2 lead in the first quarter.
- In the second quarter, the Muskies gained control, scoring six goals to take a 10-4 lead at the break.
- Wilmington made a comeback in the third quarter by scoring six goals while Muskingum scored two.
- The Muskies came out hot in the fourth quarter and tallied seven more goals en route to their first OAC victory.
- Muskingum next hosts Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, April 13. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.