Mar 02, 2019
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team suffered its first loss of the season on Saturday afternoon against Calvin, 16-5.
- Records: Muskingum (2-1 overall), Calvin (2-2 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Game Length: 2:02
- Muskingum ended the outing with 29 shots and five goals.
- Sophomore Josh Flether, senior Tucker Haas, freshman Mason Kesler, junior Nick Klinefelter, and freshman Hazen Powell all tallied one goal. Klinefelter also added an assist.
- Haas, freshman Daulton Snowden, and freshman Quentin Lawrence led the squad with four ground balls each.
- Lawrence played the opening 44 minutes in goal and allowed 13 goals and made 11 saves.
- Freshman Brandon Farley played the final 16 minutes in goal and allowed three goals and made two saves.
- Jacob Gandara led the Knights with five goals.
- Chase Sparling added three goals and two assists.
- Gerrit Kurtycz played the first 43 minutes in frame and allowed three goals and made seven saves.
- Calvin scored the lone goal in the first quarter to take a 1-0 lead into the second frame.
- The Knights grabbed control of the contest with a seven-goal outburst in the second quarter to take an 8-1 lead into the break.
- Calvin carried the momentum throughout the second half en route to outscoring the Muskies 8-4 to secure the road win.
- The Muskies will welcome Hanover to the North Athletic Turf Field on Saturday, March 9 for a 1:00 p.m. contest.