The Muskingum men's lacrosse team fell short at non-conference opponent Bethany on Wednesday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (3-12 overall), Bethany (W.Va.) (4-11 overall)
- Location: Bethany, West Virginia - Bison Stadium
- Game Length: 1:59
Muskingum and Bethany traded goals through the first several minutes of play until sophomore Nick Klinefelter scored at the 2:31 marker to give the Muskies the 3-2 edge at the end of the first quarter. The Bison went on to outscore the Muskies 5-1 in the second quarter to hold a 7-4 advantage at intermission. After having a scoreless third quarter, Bethany scored with 12:29 to go in the fourth to push its lead, 8-4. Muskingum notched a goal at the 8:11 marker and with 4:01 left to play, while Bethany tallied a goal with 5:54 on the clock. The Muskies had some looks at the goal in the final minutes, but couldn't complete the comeback.
Inside the Numbers
- Senior Ohlen Rudy finished with a career-high three goals, season-high 13 ground balls, and tied a season-high six caused turnovers.
- Senior Zach Kern scored a goal and dished out a team-high two assists.
- Junior Ryan Stacey and Klinefelter each tallied a goal and an assist.
- Junior Dylan Gambill picked up six ground balls, while freshman Thomas McCauley added five.
- Senior goalie LaJohn Ellies played all 60 minutes in the frame and made 10 saves.
- Will Gatling and Tristan Shaffer led the Bison with three goals each.
- Goalie Sean Rhodes saw 60 minutes of action in the frame and recorded seven saves for Bethany.
- Muskingum returns to action on Saturday, April 28 as they wrap-up regular season play at Wilmington. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.