The Muskingum men's lacrosse team celebrated Senior Day against John Carroll on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Streaks dampened the festivities with a 22-4 win against the Muskies.
- Records: Muskingum (3-9 overall, 0-6 Ohio Athletic Conference), John Carroll (8-4 overall, 4-1 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 115
Muskingum recognized eight seniors prior to the start of the game - Colin Cassidy, Phillip Dappen, LaFayette Jones, Zach Kern, Ian McGougan, Matt Phoung, Ohlen Rudy, and Andrew Ward. These young men were part of the inaugural team when Muskingum began lacrosse play in 2015.
Inside The Numbers
- Junior Ryan Stacey led the Muskies with two goals on six shots.
- Sophomore Nick Klinefelter added one goal and junior Dylan Gambill scored one goal from 40-yards out in an open net.
- McGougan led the squad with two assists.
- Rudy led the team with six ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Ward logged four ground balls and caused two turnovers.
- Dappen played all 60 minutes in frame and made 17 saves and collected one ground ball.
- Brendan Whitty and Colin Corcoran led John Carroll with three goals each.
- The Blue Streaks recorded 19 assists on their 22 goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Franciscan on Wednesday, April 18. Game time is slated for 4:00 p.m.