The Muskingum men's lacrosse team was defeated, 21-4, on Wednesday night at Otterbein.
- Records: Muskingum (3-6 overall, 0-3 Ohio Athletic Conference), Otterbein (5-6 overall, 2-1 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Westerville, Ohio – Memorial Stadium
- Attendance: 59
Otterbein scored three straight goals to start the first quarter, but a goal by Ryan Stacey with 54 seconds on the clock made it a 3-1 contest at the end of the frame. The Cardinals compiled five goals in the second quarter to hold an 8-1 lead at intermission. Otterbein's offense continued to dominate in the second half as they outscored Muskingum 13-3 to take the OAC victory.
Inside The Numbers
- Senior Ian McGougan led the Muskies with two goals on three shots.
- Sophomore Adrien Hammond and junior Ryan Stacey each scored one goal.
- Senior Andrew Ward and Stacey led the squad with three ground balls each.
- Senior Ohlen Rudy led the team with two caused turnovers.
- Senior Phillip Dappen played all 60 minutes in goal and tallied 12 saves.
- Muskingum ended the contest with eight shots and four goals.
- Connor Dziewit led the Cardinals with five goals and two assists.
- Xander Seal and Chandler Swartz scored three goals.
- Connor Mackenzie recorded one save in the cage for Otterbein.
- Otterbein concluded the contest with 56 shots, 21 goals, and 15 assists.
- Muskingum continues conference play on the road as they travel to Ada, Ohio to take on Ohio Northern on Saturday, April 7. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.