Heidelberg handed the Muskingum men's lacrosse team a home loss on Saturday afternoon at the North Athletic Turf Field, 14-4.
- Records: Muskingum (3-5 overall, 0-2 Ohio Athletic Conference), Heidelberg (6-3 overall, 1-1 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 102
Heidelberg jumped out to a 3-0 lead through the opening eight minutes of play en route to taking a 9-1 advantage into the break. The Muskingum lone strike in the first half came via senior Ian McGougan's goal late in the first quarter. The Student Princes continued to control play in the second half by outscoring the Muskies 5-3 to secure the road OAC win.
Inside The Numbers
- McGougan led the Muskies with two goals on six shots. He also added five ground balls.
- Sophomore Adrien Hammond and junior Ryan Stacey each scored one goal.
- Senior Ohlen Rudy led the team with five caused turnovers.
- Phillip Dappen played all 60 minutes in goal and made 19 saves and grabbed six ground balls.
- Muskingum ended the outing with 23 shots and four goals.
- Matt Wernerspach led Heidelberg with five goals and one assist.
- Nick Selfridge scored four goals and had one assist.
- Alex Bruder recorded eight saves in frame.
- Heidelberg ended the game with 44 shots and 14 goals.
- Muskingum next plays at Otterbein on Wednesday, April 4. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m