Junior Ryan Stacey broke the school record for goals in a contest and the team tied the record for most goals scored in a game as the Muskingum men's lacrosse team rolled past La Roche on the road Saturday afternoon, 18-6.
- Records: Muskingum (3-3 overall), La Roche (0-6 overall)
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Attendance: 200
- Stacey set the school record for goals in a game with nine.
- The team also tied the record for most goals scored in a game with 18. The Muskies notched 18 goals at Franciscan University last season.
- Muskingum registered four goals in the first and six in the second quarter, with Stacey notching five first-half goals, to hold the 10-2 lead at intermission. The Muskies' defense dominated in the second quarter as they held the Redhawks scoreless. Muskingum's offense continued to conquer in the second half as they recorded eight more goals to seal the victory.
Inside The Numbers
- Stacey led the Muskies with nine goals.
- Sophomore Nick Klinefelter tallied three goals and five ground balls.
- Senior Zach Kern chipped in two goals and two assists.
- Senior Ian McGougan finished with a team-high three assists.
- Senior Phillip Dappen made eight saves in the frame and collected six ground balls.
- Senior Ohlen Rudy recorded a team-high nine ground balls.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 49-28 advantage in shots.
- Shawn McDanel and Alex Riegel led La Roche with two goals each.
- Austin Lunt and Devin Wolford each had one goal.
- Joel Chavez played all 60 minutes in goal and made 11 saves.
- Muskingum opens Ohio Athletic Conference play against Baldwin Wallace on Friday, March 23 at the North Athletic Turf Field. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.