Mar 10, 2018
Thiel used a strong second half to snap Muskingum's two-game winning streak and depart New Concord with an 11-3 win on Saturday.
- Records: Muskingum (2-2 overall), Thiel (1-3 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:00
- Attendance: 100
- Muskingum's Ryan Stacey gave the Muskies an early 1-0 lead in the first quarter with a goal during a man-down situation. The goal was aided by Zach Kern's assist. The Tomcats quickly answered and Kyle Reib tied the contest less than a minute later. In the second quarter, Thiel grabbed the momentum by outscoring the Muskies 4-1 to take a 5-2 advantage into the break. The Tomcats took control of the contest with a seven-goal third quarter and added one tally in the fourth to complete the scoring.
Inside The Numbers
- Muskingum's Phillip Dappen played an outstanding game in goal ending the outing with 26 saves.
- Stacey led the team with two goals, while Kern ended the contest with one goal and two assists.
- Kern and Stacey led the team with seven shots each.
- Tucker Haas and Nick Klinefelter each logged six shots.
- Ohlen Rudy recorded two caused turnovers to pace the squad.
- Kyle Reib led the Tomcats with four goals on five shots.
- JJ Raab added three goals and one assist for Thiel.
- Thiel ended the game with a 55-29 edge in shots.
- Cole O'Connor played the entire game in goal and made nine saves.
- Muskingum next plays at Chatham on Wednesday, March 14. Game time is slated for 5:30 p.m.