The Muskingum men's lacrosse team remained unbeaten at home following a second-half surge that propelled the Muskies past Oglethorpe on a frigid Wednesday evening, 9-4. The contest marked the first-ever night game at the new North Athletic Turf Field.
- Records: Muskingum (2-1 overall), Oglethorpe (0-4 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:00
- Attendance: 101
- Muskingum trailed 4-2 at the intermission before tying the game in the third quarter and completing its comeback in the fourth frame with a five-goal outburst. The Muskies scored seven unanswered goals to notch their second straight win.
Inside The Numbers
- Junior Ryan Stacey led the Muskies with four goals and one assist.
- Senior Ian McGougan tallied two goals and three assists to aid the Muskie attack.
- Senior Tucker Haas capped off the Muskie scoring with three goals.
- Senior Phillip Dappen made 12 saves in frame and collected six ground balls.
- Senior Ohlen Rudy recorded a team-high 11 ground balls.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 52-28 advantage in shots.
- Oglethorpe was paced by Dwayne Taylor who scored two goals.
- Cameron Ritter and Nathaniel Gillespie each had one goal.
- Ramiro Juarez played all 60 minutes in goal and made 11 saves.
- Muskingum next hosts Thiel on Saturday, March 10. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.