Mar 03, 2018
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team tamed the Adrian Bulldogs on a chilly Saturday afternoon at the North Athletic Turf Field, 14-5.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1 overall), Adrian (0-2 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:20
- Attendance: 121
- The win marked the first career victory for Muskingum Head Coach Alec Chisholm.
- The triumph also marked the first lacrosse win on the new North Athletic Turf Field.
Inside the Numbers
- Senior Tucker Haas led the Muskingum attack with four goals on 10 shots and added one assist. He also registered two ground balls.
- Senior Ian McGougan tallied three goals on eight shots and recorded two assists. He ended the outing with a team-best seven ground balls.
- Senior Zach Kern, junior Ryan Stacey and sophomore Nick Klinefelter all scored two goals, while sophomore Adrien Hammond added one.
- Senior Phillip Dappen made 11 saves in 60 minutes of work to earn the win.
- Muskingum ended the contest with a 46-32 advantage in shots.
- Kyle Sanderson led the Bulldogs with two goals.
- Peter Dugan played the entire game in frame and made six saves.
- Muskingum seized control of the outing by scoring the opening eight goals through the first 20 minutes of play. The outburst propelled the Muskies to take an 8-2 lead into the intermission.
- The Muskies maintained the momentum in the second half. The Muskies outscored Adrian 3-2 in the third quarter and closed out the game with a 3-1 edge in the fourth quarter.
- Muskingum next hosts Oglethorpe on Wednesday, March 7. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m. and will be the first-ever night game at the North Athletic Turf Field.