Apr 26, 2017
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team netted a program-best 18 goals en route to defeating Franciscan on Wednesday afternoon, 18-8.
- Records: Muskingum (5-9 overall), Franciscan (7-7 overall)
- Location: Steubenville, Ohio - Memorial Field
- The 18-goal outburst is the most by any team in Muskingum men's lacrosse program history, breaking the previous record of 15 set in 2015.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum was led by junior Zach Kern with a career-best five goals and one assist.
- Junior Tucker Haas, sophomore Jake Stewart and freshman Nick Klinefelter all recorded three goals each.
- The Muskies scored 18 goals on a season-best 62 shots, 31 of which were on frame.
- Junior Phillip Dappen registered the win in goal playing 50 minutes making 11 saves.
- Franciscan was led in the contest by Jonas McCaig and Dan McCartney with three goals each.
- Franciscan struck first in the contest before the Muskies rallied scoring five straight goals to claim the 5-1 advantage.
- The Muskies and Barons exchanged goals for much of the second period before junior Ian McGougan delivered a man-up goal to give Muskingum the 9-6 halftime lead.
- The Muskingum attack erupted in the second half scoring six straight goals to extend its lead, 15-6.
- Senior Ryan Walsh delivered the final dagger of the contest with 3:06 remaining in the fourth en route to the win.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, April 29 as they wrap-up regular season play with Wilmington at McConagha Stadium. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.