Mar 29, 2017
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team defended the turf on Sherman Field on Wednesday with a 12-11 thrilling win against Bethany.
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Records: Muskingum (3-4 overall), Bethany (3-6 overall)
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum used a 55-shot attack to score 12 goals. The Muskies recorded five assists.
- An evenly played first half saw the Bison and Muskies enter the break tied at 6-6.
- The Muskies scored four unanswered the goals in the third quarter to take a 10-6 lead.
- Muskingum withstood a fourth quarter Bethany charge that culminated with junior Phillip Dappen making an incredible save as the horn sounded to preserve the home victory.
- Sophomore Ryan Stacey led the Muskies with four goals on 10 shots.
- Junior Zach Kern added three goals and one assist on eight shots.
- Junior Tucker Haas scored two goals and had one assist.
- Freshman Nick Klinefelter tallied one goal and one assist and a team-best 11 ground balls.
- Junior Ohlen Rudy helped lead the defensive effort with four caused turnovers.
- Dappen played all 60 minutes in frame and made 13 saves.
- Dan Booth and Will Gatling led the Bison with three goals each.
- Sean Rhodes made 13 saves in goal.
- Muskingum next plays at Heidelberg on Saturday, April 1. Game time is slated for 4:00 p.m.