Mar 19, 2016
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team lost at home against Hope on a cold and damp night in McConagha Stadium on Saturday evening, 17-8.
- Records: Muskingum (2-3 overall), Hope (3-3 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: Cold, damp and 40 degrees
- Sophomore Zach Kern led the Muskies with a hat trick and one assist on 10 shots.
- Sophomore Ian McGougan recorded three assists and two goals. He also added four ground balls.
- Freshman Ryan Stacey and sophomore Joe Szabo each netted a goal.
- Senior Robert Bartosiewicz led the defensive effort with two caused turnovers.
- Sophomore Tucker Haas and sophomore Phillip Dappen each had a team-high five ground balls.
- Dappen played the entire game in frame and made a season-high 17 saves.
- Muskingum ended the game with 31 shots.
- Gunner Elder led Hope with seven goals and two assists.
- Grant Brogan added four goals for the Dutchmen.
- Joey Williams played the opening 45 minutes in goal and made four saves and allowed four goals.
- Hope ended the outing with 48 shots.
Inside The Numbers
- Hope jumped out to a 4-0 lead en route to taking a 6-1 lead after the opening 15 minutes of play.
- The Dutchmen used a 5-1 advantage in the second period to take an 11-2 lead into the break.
- Hope built its lead to 16-3 after three periods of play.
- Muskingum ended the game with a 4-2 surge in the fourth period.
- Muskingum next hosts Wabash on Saturday, March 26. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. in McConagha Stadium and will feature Live Stats on fightingmuskies.com.