Mar 16, 2016
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team won its first road game in program history after using a late surge to beat Hiram on Wednesday night, 12-10.
- Records: Muskingum (2-2 overall), Hiram (0-4 overall)
- Location: Hiram, Ohio - Henry Field
- Attendance: 65
- The win marked Muskingum's first road victory in program history. The Muskies are in their second season of play.
- Sophomore Ian McGougan scored a career-high four goals to lead the Muskie 38-shot attack.
- Sophomore Joe Szabo recorded a career-high three goals to register his first hat trick.
- Senior David DeGood and sophomore Tucker Haas each added two goals. Haas also had two assists.
- Sophomore Phillip Dappen made 12 saves and allowed one goal to earn the win in frame.
- Sophomore Ohlen Rudy and senior Robert Bartosiewicz each caused two turnovers.
- Sophomore Phillip Dappen played all 60 minutes in frame and made 13 saves.
- The Muskies were 19-of-21 if clear opportunities.
- Hiram was led Justin Dionne who had two goals and two assists.
- The Terriers ended the game with 35 shots.
Inside The Numbers
- After the opening 15 minutes of play, the game was tied at 2-2.
- The Muskies outscored the Terriers 6-2 in the second period to take an 8-4 lead into the break.
- Muskingum took a 9-7 lead into the final stanza.
- Hiram tied the game at 10-10 with 9:32 to play.
- The Muskies' McGougan and Szabo tallied the final two goals to propel Muskingum to the road win.
- Muskingum next hosts Hope on Saturday, March 19. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. in McConagha Stadium and will feature Live Stats on fightingmuskies.com.