Mar 02, 2016
Muskingum scored 14 goals on a school record 65-shot barrage en route to blitzing Bethany on a cold night in McConagha Stadium, 14-1.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1 overall), Bethany (0-2 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: 32 degrees, cloudy and cold
- Attendance: 51
- Muskingum set a school record with 65 shots in the contest.
- Muskingum's 14 goals are the second most in school history. The Muskies scored 15 goals against Calvin during its inaugural season last year.
- Sophomore Tucker Haas scored four goals on 12 shots. He also added seven ground balls and was 5-of-7 on faceoffs.
- Senior David DeGood had four goals on 13 shots. He also recorded two assists.
- Sophomore Ian McGougan tallied a hat trick.
- Freshman Zavier Mealick recorded two assists.
- Sophomore Phillip Dappen made 12 saves and allowed one goal to earn the win in frame.
- The Muskie defense denied Bethany 12 opportunities with a man-up advantage. The Bison ended the game 0-12 with an advantage.
- The Muskies won 11-of-17 faceoffs and picked up 40 ground balls.
- Jake Holland led the Bison with one goal.
- Luke Gregor paced Bethany with 11 shots.
- Sean Rhodes made 16 saves and allowed 13 goals.
Inside The Numbers
- Muskingum jumped out to a 5-0 lead after the opening 15 minutes.
- The Muskies took a 6-1 lead into the break.
- Muskingum seized control of the outing with three goals in the third period.
- Muskingum finished the final frame with a strong five-goal effort to complete the scoring.
- Muskingum next travels to Thiel on Wednesday, March 9. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.