Feb 29, 2016
Muskingum sophomore Ian McGougan netted a hat trick to lead the Muskies in a 14-5 season-opening loss against Alma in McConagha Stadium on Monday.
- Records: Muskingum (0-1 overall), Alma (3-0 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: 50 degrees and sunny
- Attendance: 127
- McGougan scored three goals on eight shots.
- Sophomore Tucker Haas had one goal on four shots and registered four ground balls.
- Sophomore Zach Kern tallied one goal on three shots.
- Sophomore Joe Szabo notched two assists.
- Senior Robert Bartosiewicz recorded a team-high five ground balls
- Sophomore keeper Phillip Dappen played all 60 minutes in frame and made 16 saves.
- Muskingum ended the game with 19 shots and 32 ground balls.
- Daniel Buchy led the Scots with four goals.
- Jared Nycz, Austen Irrer and Kyle Schnitzer all had two goals.
- Al Lesperance played 45 minutes in goal and all one goal and made three saves.
- Alma ended the outing with 45 shots and 43 ground balls.
Inside The Numbers
- Alma led 4-1 after the opening period.
- The Scots scored five goals in the second period to take a 9-1 lead into the break.
- The Scots outscored the Muskies 3-0 in the third period.
- Muskingum ended the final frame outscoring the Scots 4-2.
- Muskingum next hosts Bethany on Wednesday, March 2. Game time is slated for 5:00 p.m. in McConagha Stadium.