The Muskingum men's basketball team will host Ohio Athletic Conference opponents Marietta on Wednesday, February 14 at 7:00 p.m. and Heidelberg on Saturday, February 17 at 2:00 p.m. The game on Saturday against Heidelberg will be Muskingum's Senior Day.
Game 1: Muskingum vs. Marietta- 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Audio/Video: fightingmuskies.com).
Game 2: Muskingum vs. Heidelberg- 2:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 9-14 overall, 7-9 OAC, Marietta 18-5 overall, 12-4 OAC, Heidelberg 10-13 overall, 6-10 OAC
- On Saturday, the Muskingum men's basketball team beat Otterbein on the road, 75-71. Marcus Dempsey poured out 35 points on 11-of-24 shooting and added seven rebounds, while Devon Peart contributed 13 points, which included going a perfect 6-for-6 at the free throw line.
- The Muskies are tied for fifth in the OAC standings with a 7-9 record.
- Muskingum has beaten two top-25 ranked schools at home this season. Muskingum defeated then 22nd-ranked Baldwin Wallace, 91-78, on December 9, 2017, and then 23rd-ranked John Carroll last Saturday.
- Dempsey is ranked first in the conference and third in Division III in points per game (29.9). His career/season-high is 57 points, which set the school record for points scored in a game at Oberlin on December 30, 2017. He is making 50.6% of his shots from the field (243-of-480) and 41.5% from the arc (71-of-171). Dempsey is also dishing out 2.5 assists per game and grabbing 4.6 rebounds per game.
- Peart is averaging 12.2 points per game and has registered double-digit scoring in 13 contests this season, with his season-high being 34 points against John Carroll.
- Overall, the Muskies are third in scoring offense (83.1 points per game) and free throw percentage (.766), and fifth in steals per game (6.4). In addition, the team is snagging 32.6 rebounds per game and dishing out 10.0 assists per game.
- Earlier this season, Muskingum lost at Marietta, 104-86, but beat Heidelberg on the road, 90-83.
- Marietta beat Wilmington at home, 80-65, on Saturday.
- The Pioneers are second in the league standings with a 12-4 record.
- Junior Kyle Dixon (13.0), senior Dillon Young (12.8), junior Avery Williams (11.8), and junior DeVaughn Wingard (10.6) are all having double-digit scoring for Marietta.
- Williams is also grabbing a team-high 7.7 rebounds per game, which is fourth best in the league. He grabbed a season-high 15 rebounds in the teams win against Wilmington on Saturday.
- Young is also dishing out 3.9 assists per game, which is fifth best in the league.
- The Pioneers are second in three-point percentage (.384), third in rebounds per game (38.9), fourth in field goal percentage (.469), and fifth in scoring offense (81.6 points per game), assists per game (14.0), and blocks per game (3.0).
- On Saturday, Heidelberg beat Mount Union at home, 74-72.
- Three players are averaging double-digit scoring: Senior Kieré Bennie (14.2), junior Myron Prewitt (13.2), and senior Chris Moxley (12.1).
- Bennie is tied for 11th in points per game in the league.
- Prewitt leads the squad in rebounds per game, grabbing 7.3, which ranks him fifth in the OAC.
- Moxley is sixth in the league in assists per game, averaging 3.4.
- The Student Princes are third in the conference in blocks per game (3.4) and steals per game (7.4), fifth in rebounds per game (37.5) and field goal percentage (.454).